Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.44 meters/second, 1574.8 km/hour, 978.5 miles/hour or 850.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.2"||978.30 mi||West||0° 11' 04.1"||12.68 mi||South||978.05 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 55.8"||935.93 mi||East||4° 04' 22.5"||280.00 mi||South||969.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:02 AM||271 km||169 miles||147 nm||NNW|
|Lae||Mon 10:02 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Mon 10:02 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||SSW|
|Buka||Mon 10:02 AM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Mon 10:02 AM||1003 km||623 miles||541 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Mon 11:02 AM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:02 AM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Mon 9:02 AM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Mon 10:02 AM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Mon 9:32 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.