Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.25 meters/second, 1574.1 km/hour, 978.1 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 24.4"||977.87 mi||West||0° 11' 01.9"||12.64 mi||South||977.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 05.7"||936.90 mi||East||4° 03' 14.1"||278.70 mi||South||970.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Mon 10:36 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||ESE|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 10:36 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:36 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Mon 10:36 AM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||SE|
|Lae||Mon 10:36 AM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Mon 10:06 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Mon 9:36 AM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||N|
|Manokwari||Mon 9:36 AM||1377 km||855 miles||743 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Mon 10:06 AM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Mon 9:36 AM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.