Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 1:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.97 meters/second, 1573.1 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.1"||977.24 mi||West||0° 10' 58.6"||12.58 mi||South||976.99 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 48.6"||938.30 mi||East||4° 01' 32.1"||276.75 mi||South||970.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Mon 10:56 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Same||Mon 10:26 AM||416 km||258 miles||225 nm||NW|
|Suai||Mon 10:26 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Mon 10:26 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Mon 10:26 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Mon 9:26 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Mon 9:26 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||WNW|
|Ambon||Mon 10:26 AM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||N|
|Kendari||Mon 9:26 AM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Mon 9:26 AM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.