Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.18 meters/second, 1570.2 km/hour, 975.7 miles/hour or 847.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 07.9"||975.46 mi||West||0° 10' 49.1"||12.39 mi||South||975.20 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 35.2"||942.19 mi||East||3° 56' 37.5"||271.14 mi||South||972.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Mon 10:16 AM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Mon 10:46 AM||1285 km||799 miles||694 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Mon 10:46 AM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Mon 10:46 AM||1544 km||960 miles||834 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Mon 10:46 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Mon 10:46 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||NNE|
|Singapore||Mon 11:46 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||992 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Mon 11:46 AM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Mon 10:46 AM||2093 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||ENE|
|Pontianak||Mon 10:46 AM||2144 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.