Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.20 meters/second, 1566.7 km/hour, 973.5 miles/hour or 846.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.2"||973.25 mi||West||0° 10' 36.8"||12.16 mi||South||972.99 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 20.0"||946.79 mi||East||3° 50' 22.0"||263.97 mi||South||975.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsiranana||Mon 9:36 AM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||W|
|Toamasina||Mon 9:36 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Mamoutzou||Mon 9:36 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Mon 10:36 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||SSE|
|Port Louis||Mon 10:36 AM||917 km||569 miles||495 nm||SSE|
|Antananarivo||Mon 9:36 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||SW|
|Victoria||Mon 10:36 AM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||NNE|
|Mutsamudu||Mon 9:36 AM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||W|
|Moroni||Mon 9:36 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||W|
|Dar es Salaam||Mon 9:36 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.