Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.54 meters/second, 1560.8 km/hour, 969.8 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.8"||969.55 mi||West||0° 10' 14.7"||11.74 mi||South||969.27 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 37.3"||954.03 mi||East||3° 39' 21.1"||251.37 mi||South||978.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Ascension Island) (St. Helena)||Mon 11:16 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||N|
|Jamestown||Mon 11:16 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Mon 11:16 AM||2236 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Mon 11:16 AM||2365 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Mon 8:16 AM||2380 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||WNW|
|Freetown||Mon 11:16 AM||2451 km||1523 miles||1324 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 11:16 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Mon 11:16 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||N|
|Accra||Mon 11:16 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Mon 11:16 AM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.