Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.93 meters/second, 1554.9 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.6"||965.92 mi||West||0° 09' 51.3"||11.29 mi||South||965.63 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 17.8"||960.57 mi||East||3° 27' 54.7"||238.27 mi||South||981.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Mon 10:46 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 10:46 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||NE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 10:46 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||E|
|Trujillo||Mon 10:46 AM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||N|
|Arequipa||Mon 10:46 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Mon 11:46 AM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Mon 11:46 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 10:46 AM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||N|
|Sucre||Mon 11:46 AM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Mon 10:46 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.