Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.60 meters/second, 1550.2 km/hour, 963.2 miles/hour or 837.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.8"||962.94 mi||West||0° 09' 30.6"||10.90 mi||South||962.65 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 06.2"||965.53 mi||East||3° 18' 00.9"||226.94 mi||South||984.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 10:26 AM||963 km||599 miles||520 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 11:26 AM||1124 km||698 miles||607 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 9:26 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 2:26 PM||2668 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 9:26 AM||3052 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:26 AM||3392 km||2108 miles||1831 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 8:26 AM||4093 km||2543 miles||2210 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 9:26 AM||4324 km||2687 miles||2335 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:26 AM||4346 km||2700 miles||2346 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 8:26 AM||4647 km||2888 miles||2509 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.