Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.76 meters/second, 1547.1 km/hour, 961.3 miles/hour or 835.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 35.1"||961.05 mi||west||0° 09' 16.9"||10.64 mi||south||960.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 17.1"||968.50 mi||east||3° 11' 27.3"||219.43 mi||south||985.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:46 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:46 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:46 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 11:46 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:46 AM||868 km||540 miles||469 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:46 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Tue 10:46 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:46 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 11:46 AM||1692 km||1051 miles||914 nm||E|
|Suva *||Tue 10:46 AM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.