Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 12, 2012 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.68 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 34.0"||960.89 mi||West||0° 09' 15.7"||10.61 mi||South||960.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 38.2"||968.75 mi||East||3° 10' 52.9"||218.77 mi||South||985.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:58 AM||303 km||189 miles||164 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:58 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:58 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 11:58 AM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 10:58 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:58 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Tue 10:58 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:58 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:58 AM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Tue 10:58 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.