Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 12, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.26 meters/second, 1545.3 km/hour, 960.2 miles/hour or 834.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.3"||959.95 mi||west||0° 09' 08.5"||10.48 mi||south||959.65 mi|
|24 hours||345° 26' 19.4"||970.16 mi||west||3° 07' 31.1"||214.92 mi||south||985.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka *||Tue 12:08 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||SE|
|Nadi *||Tue 12:08 PM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Tue 12:08 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SE|
|Levuka *||Tue 12:08 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||ESE|
|Labasa *||Tue 12:08 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Tue 10:08 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Tue 10:08 AM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:08 AM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Tue 10:08 AM||1168 km||726 miles||631 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:08 PM||1199 km||745 miles||647 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.