Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.80 meters/second, 1543.7 km/hour, 959.2 miles/hour or 833.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.99 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.8"||958.90 mi||west||0° 09' 00.4"||10.32 mi||south||958.60 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 54.4"||971.70 mi||east||3° 03' 42.9"||210.57 mi||south||986.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 11:26 AM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Tue 11:26 AM||853 km||530 miles||460 nm||N|
|Cairns||Tue 10:26 AM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:26 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Tue 11:26 AM||1284 km||798 miles||693 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:26 AM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Tue 10:26 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 12:26 PM||2051 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Tue 11:26 AM||2066 km||1284 miles||1116 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:26 AM||2254 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.