Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.74 meters/second, 1543.5 km/hour, 959.1 miles/hour or 833.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.1"||958.77 mi||West||0° 08' 59.2"||10.30 mi||South||958.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 36' 11.3"||971.89 mi||East||3° 03' 13.3"||210.00 mi||South||986.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Tue 10:36 AM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||W|
|Gizo||Tue 11:36 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Tue 11:36 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:36 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Tue 10:36 AM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:36 AM||1549 km||963 miles||837 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Tue 11:36 AM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:36 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||NW|
|Canberra *||Tue 11:36 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 12:36 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.