Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.44 meters/second, 1542.4 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.0"||958.10 mi||west||0° 08' 54.0"||10.20 mi||south||957.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 35.5"||972.85 mi||east||3° 00' 44.8"||207.17 mi||south||987.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Tue 11:26 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Tue 11:26 AM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 10:56 AM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 11:26 AM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Tue 10:56 AM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Tue 10:56 AM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Tue 10:26 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Tue 11:26 AM||1716 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Tue 10:26 AM||1877 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Tue 10:26 AM||1955 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.