Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 09:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 09:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.44 meters/second, 1531.6 km/hour, 951.7 miles/hour or 827.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.86 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||south||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 37.1"||951.45 mi||west||0° 07' 55.6"||9.09 mi||south||951.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 48.4"||981.39 mi||east||2° 34' 00.7"||176.55 mi||south||990.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rundu *||Tue 11:58 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||SE|
|Menongue||Tue 10:58 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||NNW|
|Mongu||Tue 11:58 AM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||ENE|
|Maun||Tue 11:58 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Huambo||Tue 10:58 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Ghanzi||Tue 11:58 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SSE|
|Luena||Tue 10:58 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NNE|
|Lubango||Tue 10:58 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||WNW|
|Windhoek *||Tue 11:58 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SSW|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 11:58 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.