Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 9:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 09:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.45 meters/second, 1531.6 km/hour, 951.7 miles/hour or 827.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 37.2"||951.40 mi||West||0° 07' 55.7"||9.09 mi||South||951.10 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 46.9"||981.31 mi||East||2° 34' 04.3"||176.61 mi||South||990.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rundu *||Tue 11:58 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||SE|
|Menongue||Tue 10:58 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||NNW|
|Mongu||Tue 11:58 AM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Maun||Tue 11:58 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||SE|
|Ghanzi||Tue 11:58 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||SSE|
|Huambo||Tue 10:58 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
|Luena||Tue 10:58 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||N|
|Windhoek *||Tue 11:58 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SSW|
|Lubango||Tue 10:58 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WNW|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 11:58 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.