Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.39 meters/second, 1531.4 km/hour, 951.6 miles/hour or 826.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.86 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||south||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 36.4"||951.27 mi||west||0° 07' 54.5"||9.07 mi||south||950.98 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 01.0"||981.45 mi||east||2° 33' 31.7"||175.99 mi||south||990.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Menongue||Tue 11:08 AM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||NNE|
|Rundu *||Tue 12:08 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Tue 11:08 AM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||NW|
|Huambo||Tue 11:08 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NNW|
|Windhoek *||Tue 12:08 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||S|
|Swakopmund *||Tue 12:08 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||SSW|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 12:08 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||SSW|
|Luena||Tue 11:08 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Mongu||Tue 12:08 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||ENE|
|Ghanzi||Tue 12:08 PM||727 km||451 miles||392 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.