Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.75 meters/second, 1529.1 km/hour, 950.1 miles/hour or 825.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||south||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 28.2"||949.84 mi||west||0° 07' 40.6"||8.80 mi||south||949.54 mi|
|24 hours||14° 53' 36.9"||982.98 mi||east||2° 27' 16.1"||168.82 mi||south||990.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 12:02 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||ENE|
|Abidjan||Tue 12:02 PM||2621 km||1629 miles||1415 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Tue 12:02 PM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Tue 12:02 PM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Tue 12:02 PM||2747 km||1707 miles||1483 nm||NNE|
|Luanda||Tue 1:02 PM||2761 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Tue 12:02 PM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Tue 12:02 PM||2879 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||N|
|Lome||Tue 12:02 PM||2917 km||1812 miles||1575 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 2:02 PM||2961 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.