Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.56 meters/second, 1528.4 km/hour, 949.7 miles/hour or 825.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 25.7"||949.41 mi||West||0° 07' 36.5"||8.72 mi||South||949.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 54' 21.8"||983.41 mi||East||2° 25' 22.9"||166.65 mi||South||990.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 12:36 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 9:36 AM||2028 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 9:36 AM||2164 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 10:36 AM||2609 km||1621 miles||1408 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:36 AM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Tue 12:36 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1500 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Tue 12:36 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1587 nm||NNE|
|Guarulhos *||Tue 10:36 AM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Tue 10:36 AM||2967 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||WSW|
|Abidjan||Tue 12:36 PM||3005 km||1867 miles||1623 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.