Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 5:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 17:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.09 meters/second, 1523.1 kilometres/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 07.2"||946.12 mi||West||0° 07' 01.6"||8.06 mi||South||945.84 mi|
|24 hours||14° 59' 55.0"||986.43 mi||East||2° 09' 58.4"||149.00 mi||South||991.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Tue 12:08 PM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Tue 1:08 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Tue 12:08 PM||1811 km||1126 miles||978 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Tue 1:08 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Tue 1:08 PM||1990 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||E|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 11:08 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Tue 12:08 PM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Tue 2:08 PM||2169 km||1348 miles||1171 nm||SE|
|Córdoba||Tue 2:08 PM||2492 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||SE|
|Bogota||Tue 12:08 PM||2736 km||1700 miles||1477 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.