Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.16 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.7"||944.04 mi||West||0° 06' 37.7"||7.60 mi||South||943.77 mi|
|24 hours||15° 03' 07.8"||988.00 mi||East||1° 59' 29.6"||136.99 mi||South||991.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 12:08 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Tue 11:08 AM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 3:08 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Tue 10:08 AM||2364 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 10:08 AM||3416 km||2123 miles||1845 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:08 AM||3985 km||2476 miles||2152 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Tue 9:08 AM||4489 km||2790 miles||2424 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 10:08 AM||4778 km||2969 miles||2580 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 9:08 AM||5016 km||3117 miles||2708 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Tue 2:08 PM||5190 km||3225 miles||2803 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.