Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 8:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 kilometres/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 53.5"||943.61 mi||West||0° 06' 32.6"||7.50 mi||South||943.34 mi|
|24 hours||15° 03' 45.6"||988.28 mi||East||1° 57' 15.3"||134.42 mi||South||991.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 11:46 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:46 PM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 10:46 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 10:46 AM||2470 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Tue 3:46 PM||2927 km||1819 miles||1580 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:46 AM||3215 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 9:46 AM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 10:46 AM||3816 km||2371 miles||2061 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:46 AM||3890 km||2417 miles||2101 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 9:46 AM||4071 km||2529 miles||2198 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.