Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 8:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 20:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.91 meters/second, 1518.9 km/hour, 943.8 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 52.6"||943.48 mi||West||0° 06' 31.0"||7.47 mi||South||943.21 mi|
|24 hours||15° 03' 57.4"||988.37 mi||East||1° 56' 32.6"||133.61 mi||South||991.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 11:58 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 10:58 AM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:58 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 10:58 AM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:58 AM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 3:58 PM||3205 km||1991 miles||1731 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 9:58 AM||3232 km||2008 miles||1745 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 10:58 AM||3513 km||2183 miles||1897 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:58 AM||3593 km||2232 miles||1940 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 9:58 AM||3772 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.