Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.81 meters/second, 1518.5 km/hour, 943.6 miles/hour or 819.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.73 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||south||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 51.5"||943.25 mi||west||0° 06' 28.4"||7.42 mi||south||942.99 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 16.8"||988.51 mi||east||1° 55' 21.7"||132.25 mi||south||991.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 11:18 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:18 PM||1610 km||1001 miles||870 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:18 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:18 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:18 AM||2728 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 11:18 AM||3009 km||1869 miles||1625 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:18 AM||3105 km||1929 miles||1676 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:18 AM||3273 km||2034 miles||1767 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Tue 4:18 PM||3673 km||2282 miles||1983 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Wed 10:18 AM||3962 km||2462 miles||2139 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.