Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.72 meters/second, 1518.2 km/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.72 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||south||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 50.3"||943.11 mi||west||0° 06' 25.7"||7.37 mi||south||942.84 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 34.9"||988.71 mi||east||1° 54' 13.6"||130.96 mi||south||991.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 11:36 AM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:36 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:36 PM||2042 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 10:36 AM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:36 AM||2453 km||1524 miles||1325 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Wed 11:36 AM||2529 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:36 AM||2644 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:36 AM||2797 km||1738 miles||1510 nm||W|
|Suva *||Wed 10:36 AM||3480 km||2162 miles||1879 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:36 AM||3648 km||2267 miles||1970 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.