Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 9:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.72 meters/second, 1518.2 km/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 50.4"||943.06 mi||West||0° 06' 25.8"||7.37 mi||South||942.79 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 33.8"||988.63 mi||East||1° 54' 17.6"||131.03 mi||South||991.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 11:36 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:36 AM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:36 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 10:36 AM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:36 AM||2465 km||1531 miles||1331 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Wed 11:36 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:36 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1440 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:36 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||W|
|Suva *||Wed 10:36 AM||3508 km||2180 miles||1894 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:36 AM||3678 km||2285 miles||1986 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.