Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.66 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.72 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||south||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 49.6"||942.92 mi||west||0° 06' 24.2"||7.34 mi||south||942.66 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 45.2"||988.71 mi||east||1° 53' 34.9"||130.21 mi||south||991.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 11:48 AM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||ENE|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 11:48 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:48 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:48 AM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 11:48 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:48 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:48 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:48 AM||2388 km||1484 miles||1289 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:48 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1364 nm||W|
|Suva *||Wed 10:48 AM||3205 km||1991 miles||1731 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.