Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
|This phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.57 meters/second, 1517.6 km/hour, 943.0 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 48.5"||942.70 mi||West||0° 06' 21.4"||7.29 mi||South||942.44 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 03.6"||988.84 mi||East||1° 52' 23.4"||128.85 mi||South||991.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:08 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 12:08 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||E|
|Alofi||Tue 11:08 AM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 12:08 PM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:08 AM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:08 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:08 PM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||N|
|Suva *||Wed 11:08 AM||2700 km||1678 miles||1458 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:08 PM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:08 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.