Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.47 meters/second, 1517.3 kilometres/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 47.4"||942.49 mi||West||0° 06' 18.7"||7.24 mi||South||942.22 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 21.9"||988.97 mi||East||1° 51' 11.9"||127.48 mi||South||991.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:28 PM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Tue 11:28 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 12:28 PM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Tue 12:28 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||E|
|Apia *||Wed 12:28 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:28 AM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:28 AM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Wed 11:28 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:28 PM||2301 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:28 AM||2434 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.