Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.38 meters/second, 1517.0 kilometres/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 46.3"||942.29 mi||West||0° 06' 16.2"||7.19 mi||South||942.03 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 38.1"||989.08 mi||East||1° 50' 07.4"||126.25 mi||South||991.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 11:46 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:46 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||ESE|
|Pago Pago||Tue 11:46 AM||770 km||479 miles||416 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 12:46 PM||891 km||553 miles||481 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Wed 11:46 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 12:46 PM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Wed 11:46 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:46 AM||1090 km||677 miles||588 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:46 AM||1222 km||760 miles||660 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 12:46 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.