Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.32 meters/second, 1516.8 km/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 45.6"||942.16 mi||west||0° 06' 14.5"||7.16 mi||south||941.90 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 48.8"||989.15 mi||east||1° 49' 24.4"||125.43 mi||south||991.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 11:58 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Tue 11:58 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||NNW|
|Neiafu||Wed 11:58 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 12:58 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Wed 11:58 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 12:58 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:58 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:58 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:58 AM||1091 km||678 miles||589 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Wed 11:58 AM||1436 km||892 miles||775 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.