Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 22:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.32 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 45.5"||942.21 mi||west||0° 06' 14.4"||7.15 mi||south||941.95 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 49.7"||989.22 mi||east||1° 49' 20.5"||125.36 mi||south||991.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 11:58 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Tue 11:58 AM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||NNW|
|Neiafu||Wed 11:58 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||W|
|Pangai||Wed 11:58 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 12:58 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 12:58 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:58 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:58 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:58 AM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Wed 11:58 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.