Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.28 meters/second, 1516.6 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 45.0"||942.05 mi||west||0° 06' 13.1"||7.13 mi||south||941.79 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 57.6"||989.21 mi||east||1° 48' 48.5"||124.74 mi||south||991.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 12:08 PM||62 km||38 miles||33 nm||SE|
|Neiafu||Wed 12:08 PM||379 km||235 miles||205 nm||W|
|Pangai||Wed 12:08 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Tue 12:08 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||N|
|Apia *||Wed 1:08 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:08 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 1:08 PM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:08 PM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:08 PM||1145 km||711 miles||618 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Wed 12:08 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.