Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 11:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 23:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.23 meters/second, 1516.4 km/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 44.4"||941.94 mi||West||0° 06' 11.7"||7.10 mi||South||941.68 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 06.4"||989.26 mi||East||1° 48' 12.6"||124.06 mi||South||991.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Neiafu||Wed 12:18 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||W|
|Pangai||Wed 12:18 PM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:18 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:18 PM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Tue 12:18 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Wed 1:18 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||NNE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 1:18 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||N|
|Labasa *||Wed 12:18 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Wed 12:18 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:18 PM||1052 km||653 miles||568 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.