Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.90 meters/second, 1515.2 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 40.7"||941.28 mi||west||0° 06' 02.1"||6.92 mi||south||941.02 mi|
|24 hours||344° 52' 55.3"||989.69 mi||west||1° 44' 03.3"||119.30 mi||south||991.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Wed 11:26 AM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Wed 11:26 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Wed 11:26 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Nadi *||Wed 1:26 PM||725 km||450 miles||391 nm||E|
|Lautoka *||Wed 1:26 PM||733 km||456 miles||396 nm||E|
|Suva *||Wed 1:26 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:26 PM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:26 PM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 11:26 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 2:26 PM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.