Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.53 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||south||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 36.3"||940.45 mi||west||0° 05' 50.9"||6.71 mi||south||940.20 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 07.3"||990.04 mi||east||1° 39' 12.9"||113.75 mi||south||991.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Wed 11:46 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Wed 11:46 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Wed 11:46 AM||1153 km||716 miles||622 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Wed 12:46 PM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Wed 12:46 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Wed 12:46 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||964 nm||E|
|Canberra *||Wed 12:46 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Wed 11:16 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 10:46 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1169 nm||NW|
|Adelaide *||Wed 12:16 PM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.