Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.31 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 33.8"||939.89 mi||West||0° 05' 44.0"||6.57 mi||South||939.64 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 43.3"||990.15 mi||East||1° 36' 14.4"||110.34 mi||South||991.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Wed 12:36 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||S|
|Normanton||Wed 12:36 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||NE|
|Tennant Creek||Wed 12:06 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||W|
|Cairns||Wed 12:36 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||ENE|
|Alice Springs||Wed 12:06 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Wed 12:06 PM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:36 PM||1332 km||827 miles||719 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Wed 12:36 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||SE|
|Adelaide *||Wed 1:06 PM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||S|
|Eucla||Wed 11:21 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.