Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.22 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 32.7"||939.68 mi||West||0° 05' 41.1"||6.52 mi||South||939.44 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 57.4"||990.22 mi||East||1° 35' 01.1"||108.94 mi||South||991.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 12:26 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||SW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 12:26 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Wed 12:26 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Wed 12:56 PM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||E|
|Eucla||Wed 11:41 AM||1520 km||945 miles||821 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Wed 11:56 AM||1546 km||961 miles||835 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:56 PM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Wed 1:26 PM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Wed 11:56 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:56 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.