Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.21 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||south||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 32.7"||939.74 mi||west||0° 05' 41.0"||6.51 mi||south||939.49 mi|
|24 hours||15° 08' 58.2"||990.29 mi||east||1° 34' 57.1"||108.87 mi||south||991.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 12:26 PM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||SW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 12:26 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||S|
|Darwin||Wed 12:26 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Wed 12:56 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||E|
|Eucla||Wed 11:41 AM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Wed 11:56 AM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:56 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Wed 1:26 PM||1795 km||1116 miles||969 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Wed 11:56 AM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:56 AM||2019 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.