Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 3:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 03:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 32.1"||939.56 mi||West||0° 05' 39.4"||6.48 mi||South||939.32 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 05.9"||990.25 mi||East||1° 34' 17.2"||108.10 mi||South||991.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 12:38 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Wed 12:38 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Wed 12:38 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Dili||Wed 12:08 PM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Wed 11:53 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Wed 1:08 PM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||E|
|Adelaide *||Wed 1:38 PM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:08 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:08 PM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:08 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1113 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.