Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.04 meters/second, 1512.1 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 30.7"||939.29 mi||west||0° 05' 35.3"||6.41 mi||south||939.04 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 24.9"||990.33 mi||east||1° 32' 34.5"||106.13 mi||south||991.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 1:06 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||E|
|Darwin||Wed 1:06 PM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:06 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||ESE|
|Kupang||Wed 11:36 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||N|
|Dili||Wed 12:36 PM||1174 km||730 miles||634 nm||N|
|Eucla||Wed 12:21 PM||1429 km||888 miles||772 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Wed 11:36 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Wed 11:36 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Wed 11:36 AM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||SSW|
|Malang||Wed 10:36 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.