Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 03:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 03:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 29.5"||939.06 mi||west||0° 05' 32.1"||6.34 mi||south||938.82 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 40.1"||990.39 mi||east||1° 31' 09.4"||104.51 mi||south||991.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Wed 11:58 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||SW|
|Denpasar||Wed 11:58 AM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Wed 12:58 PM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Wed 1:28 PM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||ENE|
|Malang||Wed 10:58 AM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Wed 11:58 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||SSW|
|Surabaya||Wed 10:58 AM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:28 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||ESE|
|Makassar||Wed 11:58 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||N|
|Eucla||Wed 12:43 PM||1652 km||1027 miles||892 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.