Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 04:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 04:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.90 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||south||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 29.2"||938.98 mi||west||0° 05' 30.8"||6.32 mi||south||938.74 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 45.3"||990.41 mi||east||1° 30' 40.0"||103.95 mi||south||991.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Wed 12:06 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||SSE|
|Karratha||Wed 12:06 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SW|
|Denpasar||Wed 12:06 PM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Wed 11:06 AM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Wed 12:06 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||S|
|Surabaya||Wed 11:06 AM||1436 km||893 miles||776 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Wed 1:06 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||NE|
|Makassar||Wed 12:06 PM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||N|
|Darwin||Wed 1:36 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||ENE|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:36 PM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.