Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.48 meters/second, 1510.1 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.5"||938.03 mi||west||0° 05' 16.4"||6.05 mi||south||937.79 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 45.7"||990.59 mi||east||1° 24' 30.6"||96.89 mi||south||990.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Wed 12:46 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Wed 12:46 PM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Wed 12:46 PM||2019 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Wed 12:46 PM||2431 km||1510 miles||1313 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Wed 1:46 PM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Wed 1:46 PM||2579 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||ENE|
|Amsterdam Island||Wed 10:46 AM||2589 km||1608 miles||1398 nm||SW|
|Perth||Wed 1:46 PM||2594 km||1612 miles||1400 nm||SE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Wed 1:46 PM||2629 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NNE|
|Diego Garcia||Wed 11:46 AM||2683 km||1667 miles||1449 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.