Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.30 meters/second, 1505.9 km/hour, 935.7 miles/hour or 813.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.60 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||south||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 12.1"||935.40 mi||west||0° 04' 32.0"||5.20 mi||south||935.19 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 57.3"||990.43 mi||east||1° 05' 53.1"||75.54 mi||south||989.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Wed 12:46 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||ESE|
|Ghanzi||Wed 12:46 PM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||SSW|
|Rundu *||Wed 12:46 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||NW|
|Mongu||Wed 12:46 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||N|
|Serowe||Wed 12:46 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||ESE|
|Francistown||Wed 12:46 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||ESE|
|Molepolole||Wed 12:46 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSE|
|Windhoek *||Wed 12:46 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Bulawayo||Wed 12:46 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||E|
|Gaborone||Wed 12:46 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.