Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 8:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 20:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.49 meters/second, 1499.4 km/hour, 931.7 miles/hour or 809.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 56.1"||931.35 mi||West||0° 03' 01.0"||3.46 mi||South||931.20 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 35.0"||987.12 mi||East||0° 28' 32.1"||32.72 mi||South||986.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Wed 3:36 PM||1223 km||760 miles||660 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Wed 12:36 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Wed 10:36 AM||3240 km||2013 miles||1750 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 2:36 PM||3850 km||2392 miles||2079 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:36 AM||4244 km||2637 miles||2292 nm||W|
|Lima||Wed 3:36 PM||4557 km||2832 miles||2461 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:36 AM||4863 km||3021 miles||2626 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Wed 2:36 PM||4906 km||3048 miles||2649 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Wed 3:36 PM||4930 km||3064 miles||2662 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Wed 5:36 PM||4957 km||3080 miles||2677 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.