Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 416.48 meters/second, 1499.3 kilometres/hour, 931.6 miles/hour or 809.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 56.0"||931.32 mi||West||0° 03' 00.0"||3.44 mi||South||931.17 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 33.8"||987.06 mi||East||0° 28' 09.1"||32.28 mi||South||986.08 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 12:42 PM||1127 km||700 miles||608 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 3:42 PM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 10:42 AM||3090 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 2:42 PM||3980 km||2473 miles||2149 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:42 AM||4096 km||2545 miles||2211 nm||W|
|Lima||Wed 3:42 PM||4707 km||2925 miles||2541 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:42 AM||4729 km||2938 miles||2553 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Wed 2:42 PM||4977 km||3093 miles||2687 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 2:42 PM||5064 km||3147 miles||2734 nm||NE|
|Quito||Wed 3:42 PM||5070 km||3150 miles||2738 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.