Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 20:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.47 meters/second, 1499.3 km/hour, 931.6 miles/hour or 809.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.53 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.9"||931.29 mi||west||0° 02' 59.5"||3.43 mi||south||931.15 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 33.0"||987.03 mi||east||0° 27' 54.0"||31.99 mi||south||986.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 12:46 PM||1040 km||646 miles||562 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 3:46 PM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 10:46 AM||2991 km||1858 miles||1615 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:46 AM||3997 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 2:46 PM||4068 km||2528 miles||2197 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:46 AM||4640 km||2883 miles||2505 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Wed 3:46 PM||4806 km||2987 miles||2595 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Wed 2:46 PM||5027 km||3123 miles||2714 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Wed 9:46 AM||5080 km||3157 miles||2743 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Wed 2:46 PM||5133 km||3189 miles||2771 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.