Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 9:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 21:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.41 meters/second, 1499.1 km/hour, 931.5 miles/hour or 809.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.4"||931.18 mi||West||0° 02' 56.0"||3.36 mi||South||931.03 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 28.4"||986.83 mi||East||0° 26' 29.9"||30.38 mi||South||985.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 1:08 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||SW|
|Gambier Islands||Wed 12:08 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:08 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:08 AM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:08 AM||3452 km||2145 miles||1864 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:08 AM||4166 km||2589 miles||2249 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:08 AM||4534 km||2817 miles||2448 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:08 AM||4851 km||3014 miles||2619 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:08 AM||5044 km||3134 miles||2724 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Wed 3:08 PM||5328 km||3311 miles||2877 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.