Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 21:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 21:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.41 meters/second, 1499.1 km/hour, 931.5 miles/hour or 809.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.53 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.4"||931.23 mi||west||0° 02' 55.8"||3.36 mi||south||931.09 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 28.2"||986.88 mi||east||0° 26' 25.7"||30.31 mi||south||985.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 1:08 PM||612 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Wed 12:08 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:08 PM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:08 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1303 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:08 AM||3424 km||2128 miles||1849 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:08 AM||4143 km||2574 miles||2237 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:08 AM||4506 km||2800 miles||2433 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:08 AM||4823 km||2997 miles||2604 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:08 AM||5017 km||3117 miles||2709 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Wed 3:08 PM||5345 km||3321 miles||2886 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.