Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 416.30 meters/second, 1498.7 kilometres/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.7"||930.91 mi||West||0° 02' 48.0"||3.21 mi||South||930.78 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 16.4"||986.35 mi||East||0° 23' 19.2"||26.74 mi||South||985.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 12:58 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:58 PM||1003 km||623 miles||542 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:58 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:58 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:58 PM||3057 km||1899 miles||1651 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:58 AM||3212 km||1996 miles||1734 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:58 AM||3288 km||2043 miles||1775 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:58 AM||3605 km||2240 miles||1947 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:58 AM||3715 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:58 AM||3809 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.