Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.28 meters/second, 1498.6 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.7"||930.87 mi||West||0° 02' 46.8"||3.19 mi||South||930.74 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 14.3"||986.27 mi||East||0° 22' 48.8"||26.16 mi||South||985.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 1:06 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:06 PM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:06 PM||1177 km||731 miles||635 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:06 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:06 PM||3084 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:06 AM||3088 km||1919 miles||1668 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:06 PM||3245 km||2016 miles||1752 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Thu 12:06 PM||3407 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:06 AM||3522 km||2188 miles||1902 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:06 AM||3611 km||2244 miles||1950 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.