Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.27 meters/second, 1498.6 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.7"||930.86 mi||West||0° 02' 46.6"||3.18 mi||South||930.73 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 13.7"||986.25 mi||East||0° 22' 41.1"||26.01 mi||South||985.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 1:08 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:08 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:08 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:08 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 11:08 AM||3039 km||1888 miles||1641 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:08 PM||3053 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:08 PM||3292 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Thu 12:08 PM||3357 km||2086 miles||1813 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:08 AM||3474 km||2159 miles||1876 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:08 AM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.