Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.19 meters/second, 1498.3 km/hour, 931.0 miles/hour or 809.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.1"||930.67 mi||west||0° 02' 40.5"||3.07 mi||south||930.54 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 02.9"||985.86 mi||east||0° 20' 16.2"||23.24 mi||south||985.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:46 PM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:46 PM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 11:46 AM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:46 PM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Thu 12:46 PM||2426 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:46 AM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:46 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:46 AM||2619 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||W|
|Suva *||Thu 11:46 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:46 AM||3562 km||2214 miles||1923 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.