Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.19 meters/second, 1498.3 km/hour, 931.0 miles/hour or 809.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.1"||930.67 mi||West||0° 02' 40.5"||3.07 mi||South||930.54 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 02.9"||985.86 mi||East||0° 20' 16.2"||23.24 mi||South||985.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:46 PM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||N|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 12:46 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:46 PM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 11:46 AM||2090 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:46 PM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Thu 12:46 PM||2426 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:46 AM||2587 km||1607 miles||1397 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:46 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:46 AM||2619 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||W|
|Suva *||Thu 11:46 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.