Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.17 meters/second, 1498.2 km/hour, 930.9 miles/hour or 809.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.0"||930.63 mi||West||0° 02' 39.0"||3.04 mi||South||930.50 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 59.9"||985.76 mi||East||0° 19' 38.0"||22.51 mi||South||984.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:56 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:56 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 11:56 AM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 12:56 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:56 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:56 AM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:56 AM||2370 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:56 PM||2535 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Thu 11:56 AM||3071 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:56 AM||3327 km||2067 miles||1797 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.